ABC 123 Monday
In one of our activities, the children weighed an apple and "estimated" how many seeds were inside. After each child had guessed, we cut open the apple and counted the seeds. We also made patterns with red and yellow apples cut from paper.
This activity was aligned with the following Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards for Mathematics:
- Use concepts that include numbers, counting, and one-to-one correspondence.
- Explore quantity and number.
- Count with understanding and recognize "how many" in sets of objects.
- Connect numbers to quantities they represent using physical models and representations.
- Solve simple mathematical problems.